Friday, October 19, 2007

David Villa linked again with move to Premier League !!!

This rumour just doesn't go away! Valencia and Spain star David Villa is said to be attracting the attention of top Premier League sides after it was rumoured that he wanted to leave the Mestalla to increase his wages although the player denies wanting out. Villa has long been a target of Premier League giants Chelsea but if he does decide he wants to leave Valencia and go to the Premier League then I feel Chelsea may not be the only suitors lining up.

There has also been a rumour that fellow La Liga side Real Madrid will step in with a massive 60 million euro bid come the end of this season. The player who has struck up a mouth watering partnership with Liverpool striker Fernando Torres at national level,was also tipped to join him at club level this summer (now wouldn't that of been something to behold!).

Villa admits that he doesn't earn as much as other top players ; "Every year I lose money because I know that there are clubs wanting me that would pay me more, but that does not interest me as money is not my priority.

So may Villa still move come the end of the season. I would personally like to see Villa play with a better team and better players (with all due respect to Valencia). Valencia are ,in my view only the third best team in Spain and I think Villa is better than that.

I would love to see him go to the Premier League and score vast amounts of goals because he is certainly capable of doing so. In fairness you do have to admire the players loyalty but I would just love to see him move on to bigger and better things at club level.