Friday, May 28, 2010

Kimiko Date Krumm on the French Open and why she prefers the ninties

I think women's tennis is more powerful now and more speedy compared to the 1990s," she said after her defeat against Groth.

"In the 90s they had more technique. Steffi could hit slice, backhand slice. But no so many people can hit slice and backhand slice today. 

"I think the 90s were more interesting. There are pluses and minuses. Before there were some plus points, now it's more speedy. It's difficult to say."

Asked whether she preferred greats like Steffi Graf to powerful modern stars she said: "It's a very difficult question. I like Steffi Graf. She was a super athlete. Justine Henin is also a super athlete. But so's Serena. She's a very tough player, more powerful and very strong mentally. "I like Steffi Graf and Justine Henin."

Sports: Old-Timer Kimiko Knocks Safina Off the Court
“I'm really happy. I tried my best,” Date Krumm said after the French crowd gave her a standing ovation. “I don't like so much the red clay, but today I beat Safina, so it will be great memories again.” Date Krumm is playing in the main ...
Publish Date: 05/28/2010 7:30
http://tilikonosampahdigital.blogspot.com/2010/05/old-timer-kimiko-knocks-safina-off.html

Sakapfet.com :: Date Krumm's French Open tennis run ended by Groth
Date Krumm said she ignored doctor's advice to play because she was desperate not to bow out prematurely. "I went to the clinic and the doctor said: 'Don't play. It's too risky,'" she said. "So the result was not good but I'd had the ...
Publish Date: 05/27/2010 13:40
http://headlines.sakapfetstore.com/74819910781239298/article_83556986998161517.jsp