Saturday, June 5, 2010

Laura Robson apologises for 'Sluts' slur

Young British rising star Laura Robson has apologised for remarks made in the lastes issue of British Vogue.

“Some of the tennis girls, they’re sluts. They go with every guy and make such a bad name for themselves - and you don’t want to be known for stuff like that. You want to be more discreet,” Robson had said.

Laura Robson, who won the Junior Wimbledon title in 2008 later said, “I still have a lot to learn both on and off the court, and clearly I need to be a lot more careful about how silly remarks may come across when taken out of context.”

“I would just like to say a big sorry to anyone that I may have offended in an interview published recently. I made a totally inappropriate, throwaway comment without considering the consequences.”