Friday, November 9, 2007

Jewell close to JJB return !!!

Paul Jewell has today agreed to hold talks with former club Wigan about the vacant manager's position after the sacking of Chris Hutchins last week. Jewell left the club at the end of last season after keeping the side in the Premier League but his predescor failed in his twelve Premier League games and Wigan chairman, Dave Whelan is very keen to lure Jewell back to the JJB.

According to the English media, Jewell is "very interested" in regaining the reigns at the troubled northern club, with whom he spent six seasons at. Whelan and Jewell are set for talks next week upon returning from their respective foreign trips.

The chairman said earlier, "We will see what materialises but he was a brilliant manager for us and he is my first choice for the job if he wants to come back. "There's obviously still a lot of talking to be done. I will also be taking a look at a list of applicants but Paul is naturally the top choice."

I think every Wigan fan would love to see Jewell return to the club because when he left, I know they weren't happy and wanted him back in the Latics hot seat. Jewell has been linked with several jobs since leaving the club but he never signed for anyone and I really hope he goes back to Wigan.

By the way many of you may of noticed that I actually wrote a post about four days ago when Hutchins was sacked and I predicted that Jewell would be back at Wigan within weeks and what do you know I was right (I think).