Monday, October 3, 2005

Cole happy at the Bridge

Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole has stated that he is happy to stay at Stamford Bridge and fight for his place. The England International has been in and out of Chelsea's first team this season and had been linked with a move away from the club in search of regular games. But Cole said he was determined to establish himself at Chelsea. "Leaving is not something that crosses my mind - every day in training is an chance to make an impression on the boss," Cole told the Evening Standard. "I've enjoyed everything I've done at Chelsea. I've had some great moments and some frustrating ones but I love being around the place." "I'm still learning and feel I can go on another few levels as a player."


Cole, who is also looking to cement his place in Sven-Goran Eriksson's plans if England reach the World Cup, made his third start of the season and scored in Chelsea's 4-1 defeat of Liverpool on Sunday. "When I came in on Sunday, I was thinking I had to do well for the team," he added. "I was not thinking I had to get on the scoresheet or anything like that. That is a mistake I've probably made in the past. "But I have 100% belief in myself. The objective has always been to become an important member of the team like Frank Lampard and John Terry. That is what I strive for every day."

I believe that Cole should maybe think of leaving Chelsea because he is fighting for his place with top class stars like Robben, Duff and Wright-Phillips. I think Tottenham or Newcastle would be an ideal club for him. I think Mourinho should consider playing Wright-Phillips and Cole in matches against the so called "lower" teams in the league. Cole is only 23 years old and he still has alot of time left in his carrer but I still think he might just think of leaving Stamford Bridge.