Sunday, February 3, 2008

£35 million Liverpool exodus !

According to reports in the News of the World today, Liverpool's Xabi Alonso, Peter Crouch, Harry Kewell, John Arne Riise and Andriy Voronin will leave the club this Summer.

All of the above players have been some of the main subjects of Rafa's rotation system with the exception of Alonso who has been suffering from injuries.

As a Reds fan myself, I sincerely hope that neither Crouch or Alonso leave as for the other three it wouldn't bother me too much to see the back of them. Benitez will hopefully realise after yesterday's performance why Peter Crouch should be playing ahead of Kuyt and Voronin.

As for Alonso, we do have have Lucas and Mascherano in the same postiton but I think that Xabi offers a different, more creative aspect from that position. He may not be as good as Javier at breaking up the opposition's play but I think he is a world class player who is capable of getting his place in any side.