Friday, July 1, 2011

Button Want One team with Alonso

Button contract with McLaren will end the 2012 season.

Jenson Button admitted was not ready to discuss his future with McLaren. However, this 2009 F1 world champion wants a team with Fernando Alonso.

"I do not want to think about the future because I still enjoy today. I really enjoy working with McLaren," Button said as quoted by Autosport.

Button contract with McLaren will end the 2012 season, and until now the former Renault and Honda are still choosing to survive. Moreover, McLaren does not have plans to replace the drivers.

However, Button remains open opportunities to leave. 31-year racer was deeply wanted to be a team with Fernando Alonso, who is currently defending a Ferrari.

When asked about who was fit to be a teammate, Button said: "Ayrton Senna. Fernando Alonso as well. Although I guess it can not happen. I never talked about race in a Ferrari."

Button also expressed his desire to try to race in other series when he retired from F1. "I like racing with another car after Formula 1, DTM, or maybe the Aussie V8s? And I will definitely try to do some management of the race, because I think I'll get a lot of his offer," added Button.