Thursday, November 15, 2007

Is Benitez Crazy ???

What is Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez doing? He has today cleared the way for keeper Scott Carson to leave the club permanently. The player who is currently on loan at Aston Villa, who is in my view England's best keeper, is set to sign for the Midlands side for £10 million. Carson is only 22-years old and in my view will be England's number one for the next World Cup qualifying campaign.

I understand that Liverpool have Jose Pepe Reina as their number one but they are making a real mistake letting Carson go. The player is set to make his international debut tomorrow and I think it may convince England boss Steve McClaren to start him in next Wednesday's crucial qualifier against Croatia.

I really think Benitez will regret this decision in a few years time and Villa will reap the benefits.