Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Could Manchester City squad be set for turmoil?

Manchester City defenders Richard Dunne and Micah Richards are both rumoured to be stalling over contract talks and may be on their way out of City.

Micah Richards is apparently holding out for £70,000 a week but the club has only offered him £60,000. Richards has been a key figure in City's magnificent season so far and there is absolutely no doubt Eriksson will be doing everything he can to hold onto him.

City captain Richard Dunne is also said to be holding out for more money. He is currently on £28,ooo a week and in my view that isn't enough for such a terrific player. Dunne has been a rock at the back for City and his partnership with Richards has simply been awesome.

As a City fan myself, I have to say I would be devastated to see the pair leave. They are one of the top central defence partnerships in the Premier League and to see them go would be unthinkable. I am not surprised Dunne wants more than he's getting but I feel Richards should be happy with the £60,ooo he's been offered.