Friday, January 18, 2008

Unsettled Liverpool star vows future to club !

Liverpool striker Peter Crouch has today said that he will stay at Liverpool and fight for his place in the side according to reports on Sky Sports.

The former Southampton forward has managed just four league starts for The Reds this season and reports have been linking the 26 year old with a move away from Anfield.
However the player understands that he will have to work for his place in the team and in a recent statement on the club's website Crouch said, "Everyone talks about me talking to clubs. Maybe it's because I'm not playing every game,"
"But at a club like Liverpool you're not going to play every game... I've come to realise that this is the case at a club like this, whereas at somewhere else maybe you would play every game... But here we are competing for things and I certainly want to be a part of winning trophies."

Personally as a Liverpool fan I would like to see Crouch get more of a prominent role in the side and I certainly think he should be starting ahead of Dirk Kuyt and Voronin. So I for one hope that Crouchy is with us for a good while yet.