Thursday, January 17, 2008

Liverpool: 3 INS, 3 OUTS !!!

Liverpool have already completed the signing of Martin Skrtel so far in the January transfer window. Who do we need to bring in and who do we need to get rid of before January 31st.

I think that before we make any signings we should at least cash in on some of our own and I think the first person to do that with is Momo Sissoko. In truth, the Malian international just hasn't been the same since returning from his eye injury last season and I feel he has to go before he gets even worse and is worth nothing.

Second on the list to sell would have to be Voronin, he's done very little for the club since his arrival and if we want to have realistic aspirations of winning the title we have to get average players like him as far away from the club as possible.

And finally Dirk Kuyt, admitted he is a hard worker but he is just a really poor player. He looks awkward on the ball and a lot of the time he just gets in the way. Don't even get me started on the chances that he misses.

Now who should we sign... Well I think that the first area we need to strengthen is our strike force. To be perfectly honest I would be happy with Crouchy and Torres up front together, but I am convinced that Rafa has something against big Pete... you just cannot justify Kuyt or Voronin starting ahead of him.

So for a striker, it depends on what price range we're talking about. If we were looking up the top end of the scale, I would have to say David Villa. Going down one level, I would say Huntelaar and lowering once more, I'm sure many will disagree but a player who has impressed me this season is Kenwyne Jones.

The next area I feel we should strengthen is probably a winger and there is only one suitable player I could think of in this position, Ricardo Quaresma... possibly a bit unrealistic. Maybe you can think of some other wingers ???

The last player I would say is probably no surprise to you Reds fans, Javier Mascherano. I think he deserves a full time contract at the club. He filled the shoes of Xabi while he was injured and he offers a different option to Xabi in the defensive midfield area.