Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Second full-back in a week turns down chance to play for Spurs!

Ajax defender Urby Emmanuelson has become the second full-back in the last week to turn down Premier League side Tottenham.

Rangers defender Alan Hutton also turned down the club last week after Rangers had accepted a £8 million bid from the London club.

Emmanuelson had previously stated his desire to play for the club but he admits since talking with Ajax legend and indeed Spurs midfielder Edgar Davids in recent days he has changed his mind.

"Edgar told me it was a great club, but that I should not join Spurs," he told Sportweek magazine."He said to me 'you are an Ajax player, you are young and talented, so you only need to go to a top club in England, Spain or Italy'."I have thought about what he said and I think he is right."

I have to admit it is a pity that Emmanuelson won't be joining Spurs because I really think he has the ability to take the Premier League by storm. I have seen and heard a lot of good things about Urby and I would advise you to all watch out for him in the coming months.