Sunday, June 5, 2011

Torres thought his goal as a stepping stone


Spain striker Fernando Torres again finds his confidence to score goals.

Spain striker Fernando Torres again finds his confidence to score. This was disclosed after the El Nino contributed goals in Spain while destroying the United States 4-0 in friendly match, early this morning.

Down as a substitute, Torres scored his first goal for Spain this year. This is regarded as a stepping stone after disappointing since moving from Liverpool to Chelsea last winter.

"I felt comfortable from the start. I also feel good and very committed. It's really a tough year for me," said Torres told TVE.

As mentioned on goal famine that happened, Torres said lightly injured as a main factor.

"I've only played twice for the national team in the near future. injury that happened to me has kept me in good condition. However, I'm glad (now) team win and everything is perfect," said Torres.

"Now I'm thinking about preparation against Venezuela (Tuesday, June 7, 2011) and after that I'm going on vacation. I hope next season will be different,"said Torres.