Saturday, September 3, 2005

Bentley hits out at Gunners

David Bentley has made a scathing attack at Arsenal today by saying that they Hampered his carrer. The England Under-21 midfielder has just joined Blackburn on a season long loan deal from Arsenal, but the 21 year old is desperate for a permanent move away from Highbury. Bentley has been surprised he hasn't got a first team oppurtunity at Arsenal and he is also dissapointed that Arsenal have placed a £4million+ price tag on him because he said it is scaring off any potential buyers.


The winger spent last season on loan at Norwich and is doing the same with Blackburn this year. He is hoping to impress for Blackburn so he might leave Arsenal next year on a permanent deal.

"I like honesty and loyalty and if that is now shown in me, then I don't want to play for that club," said Bentley. "By that, I mean it has just been made difficult for me. "People haven't been honest with me on both the business and football side of the club. "The only way I see myself progressing as a footballer is by moving away from Arsenal permanently.

"But I've got three years left on my contract at Highbury and they are making it difficult for me to leave because of that. "Business is business. But my business is football and if honesty and loyalty were in the game, then everything would be fine and I would be gone now. "Arsenal don't know what their players given away for easy money but I've only played one Premiership game for them. If you can judge a player on that, fine.

"Money and business play a big part in the game, though, and that is what is hindering my chances of getting away. "I really wanted to crack it at Arsenal. After doing well in pre-season, I never got the chance in the first team. "I know I'm not guaranteed anything at Blackburn. "But at least I'll be a chance here to show what I can do. That never happened at Arsenal."

Bentley is a good player and I for one would be thinking that most mid table side of the Premiership would be intrested in him when he completes his loan deal at Ewood Park. I feel Arsenal are being a little unfair on Bentley and they should certainly not have a £4million+ price tag on him. I am backing Bentley to be a big hit at Blackburn this season.