Tuesday, September 6, 2005

United comes first

Man United midfielder Kieran Richardson insists his main goal this season will be to break into the Manchester United team, despite his recent progress for England. The 20 year old made his first appearance for England on their tour of America during the summer and he scored two goals in England's 2-1 victory against America. England manager Sven Goran Eriksson has been looking for a left sided player for the last few years and Richardson fits the bill.

But Richardson believes fighting for a place in the Manchester United squad must be his primary goal. The 20-year-old, who went to West Brom on loan last season, has only made two appearances as a substitute so far this season but he is patiently waiting for his chance and insists he will be ready to prove himself when it comes along.



"You've got to be ready in training and make sure you are working hard," he explained."That is something I have been doing because when you are called into the team you have got to be ready, and I will be. I'm a midfield player and I prefer playing there, but in pre-season I played at left back and I feel comfortable playing there."

Richardson is a great young talent and I believe he should be given more of a chance at United. He has making more appearances for England rather then his club Man United. He is only twenty years old and I predict a bright future for the left sided player.